Armstrong Chemtec vertical bayonet vaporizers are a superior general purpose vaporization option, versatile enough to be trusted in refineries and in the chlorine industry. Armstrong Chemtec is the only chlorine vaporizer manufacturer who is a member in both the Chlorine Institute and Euro Chlor.
Armstrong Chemtec has built over 4,500 vertical bayonet vaporizers for a wide ranging catalog of process fluids, with over 1,000 vaporizers in chlorine service. Some of the more common applications are:
- C3-C6 Hydrocarbons (including LPG)
- Carbon Dioxide
- Silicon Tetrachloride
- Sulfur Dioxide
Armstrong Chemtec manufactures vertical bayonet vaporizers using carbon steel, stainless steels, and high nickel alloys. The unique bayonet (tube in tube) construction, developed by Armstrong Chemtec, produces a number of advantages over other types of vaporizing equipment:
- Freeze Protection. Incoming steam (or other heating fluid) continuously heats outgoing condensate.
- Superheat. Integral superheat capability may be provided.
- Small Footprint. Vertical equipment occupies significantly less plot space than horizontal options.
- Unlimited Turndown. The unit can operate at turndown approaching 100%.
- Holdup Volume. The retained liquid volume is much smaller than alternative designs.
- Capacity Control. The vaporization rate and liquid level are self regulating with downstream demand.
- Unrestrained Tube Expansion & Contraction. Thermal stress is eliminated because tubes are only fixed at one end.
- Removable Bundle. The tube bundle can be inspected and replaced easily in the field.
Armstrong Chemtec is the preferred vertical vaporizer supplier for multiple licensed refinery processes.