How to Achieve Lowest Cost of Ownership
About the Equipment:
- Electric Process Heaters are process critical and relatively expensive capital equipment.
- Owners have invested in significant CAPEX in Armstrong-Chemtec equipment.
- Process Plants require a clearly defined and budgeted OPEX plan but seldom have one.
- Armstrong-Chemtec equipment is designed for 24/7 operation and over 100,000 hours of operation…but operations costs are often ignored when they can and should be managed.
Why plan for the Lowest Cost of Ownership?
- Lowest “Cost of Ownership” planning provides:
- Real time projected budgets for continuous operation and planned TAR / maintenance.
- Assures optimum on line operational uptime by anticipating unplanned events.
- Minimizes Unit production losses due to unexpected equipment outages.
- Reduces costly off line losses. Failure to manage the “Cost of Ownership” can result in both production losses and necessitate the expedited purchase of long delivery items in the event of:
- Unit failures due to neglecting warning signs.
- Operational upsets. Poor operation of the process or process upsets may result in rendering a unit inoperable. Plants that run make money; plants that don’t, don’t!
- Lack of preventative measures mean poor attention to installed equipment in the event of severe weather events.
- Unknown events. Over time, the “throw the switch and ignore it” strategy may result in reduced efficiency, lower life expectancy, and exposure to unplanned outages. Outage costs can quickly exceed the cost of inventoried Spare Parts.
- Avoids the need for costly expedited replacement heaters. Expedited orders typically have a cost premium and custom made equipment delivery time is always longer than desired.
- “Lowest Cost of Ownership” planning meets the planning goals of Operations Managers, Maintenance Managers, Budgetary Planners, and Plant Engineering Projects.
How to Manage for the “Lowest cost of Ownership”
- Do it NOW. Waiting just delays the process and increases the “Cost of Ownership”.
- To discuss a suitable plan *** for your Plant, contact: Peter Watson Regional Sales manager NACS email@example.com
*** A customized plan for your individual equipment will be offered.